Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences (CUCMS) was founded
in line with the Malaysian government's aspiration to further
improve the healthcare of Malaysians through state-of-the-art
educational technology and training in medical sciences. CUCMS was
established officially on 23rd October 2005 under the Private Higher
Education Act 1966.
Its core mission is to serve the people of the nation through
national distinction in health sciences education, research, public
service and clinical care.
The establishment of CUCMS was also to close the gap between a
ready-supply of qualified high achieving students against limited
placements available in higher learning institutions for medical and
pharmacy students. As reported in the New Straits Times, 22 February
2005, Malaysia was in need of an additional 3,300 doctors, 700
specialists, 600 pharmacists, 500 dentists and 130,000 nurses.
The name for the medical college takes advantage of Malaysia’s first
truly intelligent city and the international image of the selected
township of its location, Cyberjaya.
CUCMS seeks to be a university of international standing and a
leading medical institution in the region.
CUCMS is currently
focusing on the following 4 faculties, 5 centres and one academy:
• Faculty of Medicine
• Faculty of Pharmacy
• Faculty of Traditional and Complementary Medicine
• Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
• Academy of Paramedical Sciences
• Centre for Foundation in Science Studies
• Centre for Graduate Studies, Research and Commercialisation
• Centre for Languages and General Studies
• Centre for Medical Sciences Education
• Centre for Distance and Continuing Education